Amenities are a major selling point for any property, whether it’s a hotel, vacation rental, or even a private residence. And in the digital age, potential guests or buyers are increasingly relying on photos to make their decisions. That’s why it’s important to know how to photograph your amenities in a way that showcases their appeal and makes them irresistible to your target audience.
Pools and Spas
Pools and spas are some of the most popular amenities, and they luxury resort photography can be a real draw for potential guests. But simply snapping a picture of a pool won’t do the trick. Here are some tips for capturing the essence of your aquatic oasis:
- Get the right light: Natural light is always best for photographing pools and spas. Try to shoot during the golden hours of sunrise or sunset, when the light is soft and flattering.
- Show the scale: Use wide-angle shots to give viewers a sense of the size and scope of your pool or spa. You can also use people or furniture for scale.
- Highlight the features: If your pool has a waterfall, swim-up bar, or other cool features, be sure to get them in the shot.
- Create a mood: Use props and styling to create a certain ambiance. For example, you could add towels, pool floats, or candles to create a relaxing spa feel.
Fitness centers are another important amenity, especially for health-conscious travelers. When photographing your fitness center, focus on showing the variety of equipment you offer and the spaciousness of the facility. You can also capture people working out to add a sense of energy and activity.
Game Rooms and Lounges
Game rooms and lounges are great places for guests to relax and socialize. When photographing these spaces, try to capture the fun and inviting atmosphere. Use bright colors, interesting angles, and people enjoying themselves to make your photos stand out.
Outdoor spaces like patios, balconies, and gardens can be a major selling point for properties. When photographing these areas, focus on highlighting the natural beauty and the potential for relaxation and entertainment. Use lush greenery, flowers, and comfortable seating to create an inviting atmosphere.
Drone photography can be a great way to showcase your property from a unique perspective. If you’re able to use a drone safely and legally, it can give potential guests a bird’s-eye view of your amenities and the surrounding area.
Here are some general tips for photographing any amenity:
- Clean and stage the area: Make sure the space is clean and free of clutter before you start shooting. You may also want to add some props or styling to make it more visually appealing.
- Use a tripod: A tripod will help you keep your camera steady and avoid blurry photos.
- Experiment with different angles and compositions: Don’t just stand in front of the amenity and take a straight-on shot. Try different angles, compositions, and close-ups to find the most flattering perspective.
- Edit your photos: Once you’ve taken your photos, take some time to edit them. You can adjust the brightness, contrast, and color balance to make them look their best.
By following these tips, you can take stunning photos of your amenities that will capture the attention of potential guests and help you close the deal.
Additional Tips for Specific Amenities:
- For restaurants: Capture the plating of the food, the ambiance of the dining room, and the happy faces of diners.
- For meeting rooms: Show the flexibility of the space, the technology available, and the comfortable seating.
- For pet-friendly properties: Feature adorable animals enjoying the amenities.
By using your creativity and these tips, you can take photos of your amenities that will make your property stand out from the competition.